City, Town or Village Writing Competition – Terms and Conditions
This competition is now closed.
Our new Off the Beaten Track writing competition is open for entries.
1. The Senior Travel Expert Writing Competition is open to residents of any country who are aged 16 years or over, except members of the staff of SeniorTravelExpert.com, their families, agents or anyone else associated with this competition.
2. All information detailing how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the entrant agrees to abide by these rules. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Entries must be submitted through the form on the SeniorTravelExpert.com website.
4. All entries must be received by midnight on the published closing date of the April 30th, 2015. Late entries will be deleted.
5. To participate in this competition, entrants must write an article relating to a City, Town or Village of no more than 750 words. It can be factual or fictional. Entries must be the work of the submitting individual and must not have been published elsewhere (online or in print) or have won a prize in any other competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that no element of their entry infringes the copyright of any third party or any laws.
6. The winning entry will be the one that is judged to most effectively persuade readers of the Senior Travel Expert website that this is somewhere they really want to visit!
7. The judging panel will be comprised of members of the Editorial Staff of SeniorTravelExpert.com. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
8. Copyright in all submissions to the competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in order to allow publication of the winning entry and ten runner-up entries, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to SeniorTravelExpert.com for their entry to be published on the SeniorTravelExpert.com website. All published articles will contain a credit to the author.
9. No entries will be published in part or in full on the SeniorTravelExpert.com or website prior to the closing date of the competition (April 30th, 2015).
10. By entering the competition you are granting permission for (credited) publication on the SeniorTravelExpert.com website after the deadline has passed as either a winner or runner-up entry (if judged as either) as detailed under these terms and conditions.
11. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
12. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
13. The winning entry will be published on SeniorTravelExpert.com within 28 days of the closing date of the competition.
14.The winning entry will receive a prize of a £100 in British Pounds Sterling. Payments may be made by bank transfer to a UK bank account or by PayPal (any fees will be subtracted from the prize money).
15. The ten runners-up will each receive a firstwriter.com voucher worth £10, allowing them to take out a free subscription to firstwriter.com, providing access to details of hundreds of publishers, literary agents, writing competitions and magazines!
Go back to the City, Town or Village Writing Competition.