The Inaugural Travel Writing Competition is now closed, but please see our exciting new Off the Beaten Track writing competition.
1. The Senior Travel Expert Writing Competition is open to residents of any country who are aged 16 years or over, except members of the staff of SeniorTravelExpert.com and FairFX, their families, agents or anyone else associated with this competition.
2. All information detailing how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the entrant agrees to abide by these rules. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Entries must be submitted through the form on the SeniorTravelExpert.com website.
4. All entries must be received by midnight on the published closing date of the 1st June 2014. Late entries will be deleted.
5. To participate in this competition, entrants must write an article relating to travel of no more than 1,000 words. It can be factual or fictional. Entries must be the work of the submitting individual and must not have been published elsewhere (online or in print) or have won a prize in any other competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that no element of their entry infringes the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entries will be judged on which are the most interesting, entertaining and informative.
6. The judging panel will be comprised of members of staff of SeniorTravelExpert.com and FairFX. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
7. Copyright in all submissions to the competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in order to allow publication of the winning entry and any other notable entries, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to SeniorTravelExpert.com and FairFX for their entry to be published on the SeniorTravelExpert.com and FairFX Blog websites. All published articles will contain a credit to the author.
8. No entries will be published in part or in full on the SeniorTravelExpert.com or FairFX Blog websites prior to the closing date of the competition (1st June 2014).
9. By entering the competition you are granting permission for (credited) publication on the SeniorTravelExpert.com and FairFX Blog websites after the deadline has passed as either a winner or notable entry (if judged as either) as detailed under these terms and conditions.
10. Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
11. The winning entry will be published on SeniorTravelExpert.com within 28 days of the closing date of the competition.
12.The winning entry will receive a prize of a FairFX Prepaid Currency Card loaded with £100. The winner can chose between a Euro Card, a US Dollar Card or an Anywhere Card. More details about these cards and any commission or other charges associated with their use can be found on the FairFX website.
Go to the Senior Travel Expert Writing Competition