*** Special Offer: Obtain a 15% discount on annual membership. See below. ***
English Heritage is a government sponsored body that manages over 400 historic sites in England.
Many articles on this website give information about these places:
• Audley End, Essex
• Belsay Hall, Northumberland
• Brodsworth Hall, West Yorkshire
• Burton Agnes Manor House, East Yorkshire
• Conisborough Castle, West Yorkshire
• Eltham Palace, London
• Fountains Abbey, North Yorkshire
• Gainsborough Old Hall, Lincolnshire
• Helmsley Castle, North Yorkshire
• Kenilworth Castle, Warwickshire
• Lincoln Medieval Bishops’ Palace, Lincolnshire
• Osborne House, Isle of Wight
• Rievaulx Abbey, North Yorkshire
• Richmond Castle, North Yorkshire
• Scarborough Castle, North Yorkshire
• Thornton Abbey, North Lincolnshire
• Tintagel Castle, Cornwall
• Tynemouth Castle and Priory, Tyne & Wear
• Warkworth Castle, Northumberland
• Whitby Abbey, North Lincolnshire
If you visit sites regularly, then Annual membership of English Heritage can save you a lot of money, and there are good Senior discounts.
*** Special Offer: For 15% discount on annual membership, for yourself or as a present for someone else, click on the English Heritage banner above and enter code EH2021 at checkout. ***
To help you decide whether to take up annual membership with English Heritage, or with the National Trust, or both, see: English Heritage versus National Trust – Which to join?
Many sites close between autumn and spring. For more information, see: English Heritage and the National Trust – Winter openings?
See also our regional reports:
• English Heritage and the National Trust in Lincolnshire
• English Heritage and National Trust in Yorkshire
• English Heritage, Historic Houses and National Trust in Northumberland
• English Heritage Favourite Sites by Region