Round the World in 50 Days
After 40 years or so of hard labour, retirement raises its head offering lots of travel opportunities. You’ve put off visiting Australia or New Zealand because it’s hardly worthwhile taking a two week holiday there, but now those limitations don’t apply. So go for it, and if you are planning to visit ‘down under’ why not continue all the way round the world – it won’t cost much more!
Well that was my reasoning a few years ago and the result was Round the World in 50 Days – a really enjoyable, unforgettable journey for myself and my wife. Based on my experience, I’ll be providing travel tips for your round the world trip and you can learn from my mistakes.
This is covered in several posts, starting with:
The journey is covered in eight stages:
- Stage 1: Japan – Tokyo area and the foothills of Mount Fuji
- Stage 2: Australia, Tasmania – Launceston and Cradle Mountain
- Stage 3: Australia, Victoria – Melbourne, Blue Lake, Great Ocean Road and Lakes Entrance
- Stage 4: Australia, New South Wales – Snowy Mountains, Canberra, Blue Mountains, Sydney, Newcastle and the Hunter Valley
- Stage 5: Australia, Brisbane and SE Queensland – Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast
- Stage 6: New Zealand South Island – Christchurch, Milford Sound and Marlborough
- Stage 7: New Zealand, North Island – Wellington, Mt Ruapehu, Rotorua and Auckland
- Stage 8: South America – Chile, Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil
So keep checking with this website for these postings and if you’ve made a Round the World trip yourself, then please add your travel tips in Comments.