Although this site promotes independent travel for Seniors, there are many circumstances when an organised holiday might be preferable, even if being part of a group might not particularly appeal!
This may be where it is difficult to travel around a country on your own, or even unsafe for independent travellers. See my Safety Tips for Senior Travellers.
If you enjoy cruises, then of course you have no choice but to go on an organised holiday, although you may wish to opt for a small, more intimate cruise ship.
It may simply be that you do not wish to have the hassle of organising a holiday. Whatever the reason, it is important that you take care to select an organised holiday that meets your needs.
Saga Holidays is widely considered to be the UK’s premier travel service catering for the over 50s, with almost sixty years’ experience of providing holidays and cruises that suit the senior traveller.
Saga Holidays Reports
Our reporters have been checking out some of these holidays. Their candid reports should help you decide on which holiday is for you.
• Saga Cruise: Wonders of the Canary Islands
• Jewels of Croatia – Saga Dalmatian Coast Tour
• Heart of the Silk Route: a Saga Tour of Uzbekistan
• Moghuls and Palaces – Saga India Tour
• Peru Ancient and Modern – Touring with Saga Holidays
• Saga Dominican Discovery Tour
• Siam Island Adventure – Saga Thailand Tour
• Unveiling Burma – A Fourteen Day Tour of Myanmar
• Contrasts of Central America Saga Tour: Part 1 – Panama
• Contrasts of Central America Saga Tour: Part 2 – Costa Rica
• Contrasts of Central America Saga Tour: Part 3 – Colombia
Saga versus Independent Travel
STE’s Web Editor, Steve Hanson, has been researching the cost of Saga holidays compared with identical independently organised travel for relatively straightforward one centre holidays. Again this should help you decide whether Saga holidays are for you.
Our reports will certainly enlighten you and in some cases may surprise you!
You should also check out our reports on TUI Holidays. Although not specifically for senior travellers, their holidays and cruises are often comparable to those of Saga.