Many heritage sites have remained open during the pandemic, although often only the gardens and grounds.
Hopefully in the not too distant future all heritage sites will fully reopen, so be ready by taking out annual membership or gifting it to someone else.
You will also be helping to support sites, many of which are struggling to keep going.
Please note that for many heritage sites you will need to book in advance before visiting, sometimes at least a day in advance, and you are advised only to travel locally at the moment.
For reopening updates, click on the individual organisations’ websites, highlighted below.
English Heritage Offers
• For 15% discount on annual and gift membership, click on English Heritage, enter EH2020 at checkout.
National Trust Offers
• To receive a £5 M&S e-Gift card and free binoculars with annual or gift membership paid by direct debit, click National Trust.
Historic Houses Offers
• For a £5 discount on annual and gift membership, click on Historic Houses, and use our unique discount code STEW05.
National Trust for Scotland
• If you are 60+ get 20% discount on standard membership with National Trust for Scotland and you can visit National Trust properties in England as well.
Historic Environment Scotland
• If you are 60+ get 20% discount on standard membership with Historic Environment Scotland.
We have no special offers for CADW, but for unlimited access to Wales’s past, click on CADW and join for as little as £1.50 a month and you’ll gain unlimited access to over 100 historical sites.
For advice on which heritage organisation to join, please see our articles:
UPDATED 1st JANUARY 2021 by STEVE HANSON.