Although all travellers enjoy recording their adventures with photographs, senior travellers tend to be less in a rush and have more time to spare to take memorable shots.
Our Photo Editor, John Esser, was a passionate photographer for 35 years, before his untimely death on August 18th, 2017. He was widely published in books, magazines and on TV.
John posted a series of articles on this website – illustrated with his own superb photographs – targeted at helping senior travellers to get extra special, memorable photos.
1. Photographs from the Big Trip: What Gear to Take?
2. Photographs in Languedoc
3. Photographs from Tuscany
4. Photographing the Locals – Smiles from Around the World
5. Road Trip USA – The Big Picture: Panoramic Photos
6. Road Trip USA – Shooting the Sights
7. Shooting the Grandchildren – Top Tips for Great Holiday Photos
8. Mallorca – A Picture Perfect Holiday Destination
9. Cameras and Photography for Senior Travellers
From time to time we will be running free-to-enter prize Photo Competitions, so have your best shots ready to submit. See the results from our inaugural Heritage Photo Competition: Heritage Photo Competition – Winner and Runners-up
For a useful guide on how to take your photographic skills to a higher level, see: Finding Your Inner Photographer: Making the Most of Your Camera