*** Special Offer: See below for a £5 discount on Historic Houses membership ***
Historic Houses is a non-profit organisation representing more than 1,600 privately owned historic houses, castles and gardens in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Island. Some of the finest stately homes in the UK come under its umbrella.
More than 300 of these sites are free to visit for members of Historic Houses, although in four cases (Blenheim Palace Park, Castle Howard, Harewood House and Hever Castle), only one visit is permitted per calendar year. For some sites only gardens are open to members.
Most properties are open typically from March to October, although about 60 are open throughout the year. This is similar to English Heritage and the National Trust, see: English Heritage and National Trust – Winter Openings.
If you intend to visit more than a couple of their properties, then taking up annual membership will save you money. Individual membership is £56 a year, joint membership is £89 a year and child membership (3-16 years) is £25 a year.
However if you click on Historic Houses and then enter our unique code STEW05 at ‘Add discount code’, you will receive a £5 discount. This also applies if you wish to give annual membership as a gift.
• Belvoir Castle and Gardens, Leicestershire
• Berkeley Castle, Gloucestershire
• Burton Agnes Hall and Gardens, East Yorkshire
• Burton Constable Hall, East Yorkshire (Updated October 2020)
• Doddington Hall and Gardens, Lincolnshire
• Elsham Hall Gardens, North Lincolnshire
• Harewood House, West Yorkshire
• Middleton Hall and Gardens, Warwickshire
• Raby Castle, County Durham